So, I decided that I should do a practice cloak before I used the nice yarn for Dragon’s cloak. I’m glad I did because the process of figuring out this cloak pattern has been interesting at best. The one I tried to draft was a complete flop and I got frustrated with it. After that I decided that I would use a pattern that someone else had already drafted. Even that route has proven to be frustrating. The pattern that I picked has errors in it that have made for a lot of frogging. Luckily I am using red heart yarn for this first go. It’s pretty friendly to frogging and it cheap enough that I won’t cry if the yarn get mussed up. But, the cloak is slowly starting to come together.
This is a picture of the cloak I am trying to make.
I have pictures of the one I am working on, but apparently I haven’t copied them from my camera. But I wanted you to see what I am working on. This one has arm holes and currently I am making it just as the pattern is. I will be playing with the pattern to make it without the arm holes because I don’t think that Dragon will want them.
If you like this pattern you can buy it from Maggie’s Crochet. But I have to warn you that the pattern has issues. I personally am unlikely to buy patterns from her in the future. I have found this one difficult to work with because of the errors which don’t become apparent until you’ve worked about 10 or so rows past where the error is. Then you have to go back and try to figure out what the error is and how to fix it. It has been seriously annoying. But since I have put so much work into it, I am going to stick with it. I’ve been making notes for myself so when I make the second one I will know where the errors are and how I fixed them.